Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas time!

Lee loves Christmas time! Can't you tell?! Whit asked me the other day if Christmas was my favorite holiday. I said that Easter is my favorite. He asked why and I said because I am so thankful that Jesus died and rose again for us. He said that sounded like a "Roswell Street Baptist Church answer" - but I was serious. I love Christmas so much (I mean a whole, whole lot!) and everything that comes along with it, but Easter truly is my favorite holiday. BUT, so far Christmas seems to be Lee's most favorite by far! Some things about Lee & Christmas time...
~ He loves Christmas lights. Driving in the car at night all you hear is Ho, Ho, Hoooooo until you get to the next house with lights.
~ I got Lee a little tree for his room at Target before Thanksgiving. I took that thing back right away because after a 45 minute (normally 3-4 hour) nap Lee would wake up saying Ho, Ho, Ho over and over. It was cute but not that cute.
~ Definitely likes to say Ho, Ho, Ho!
~ Loves the tree. I love how his face lights up when he sees it again.
~ Runs up to the tree and throws his hands up and yells, "Don't touch!" and then runs to me dying laughing over and over.
~ Sweetest sound ever when he says, "Meeerrryyy Christmaaaasss!" but you can't get him to say it very often.
~ Likes to sing Jingle Bells and say, "Hey!"

I know there will be a lot more to add but these are just a few things so far. We are going to see Santa on Sunday night and I can't wait to see how that goes. Love this time of year!

5 comments:

  1. love that lil' Lee is in full holiday mode!!! and seems to be loving it! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the SAME way about Easter! It's my favorite! Lee is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness could he be any cuter? maybe i am biased? a tree in his room does sound like a little too much fun!! you are a sweet mama!!! i love that christmas shirt. lee needs to come to athens and teach thomson "don't touch!". did you see erin's blog with the video of thomson laughing at lee? he thinks he is so hilarious! is this comment too long???

    ReplyDelete
  4. that story of him waking up from his nap singing ho, ho, ho! so funny and cute! (but i agree- not so cute that you let him forgo his naps and you your sanity!- ha ha!) and i'm with you- Christmas is beautiful, but Easter is where it's at. His birth is amazing, but when He overcomes death and sin.....ahhhhhhh! my heart can't take it! enjoy your holiday and looking forward to seeing little boy number 2 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeee only a month until the leeeeetle baby! I'm excited for yall. I laughed out loud at Whit's Roswell Street comment-- I can just hear him saying that! Miss ya'll- kisses to Little Lee!

    ReplyDelete