We have so much to be thankful for. Besides not feeling so great, not sleeping much the past two nights and burning my hand while trying to make macaroni & cheese, today was a really fun Thanksgiving day. We ate pancakes for breakfast, went to the mountain and walked the trails with Whit, Lee & Walker, made the blasted mac n cheese, ate a big huge meal at Happy & Donna's house, played whiffle ball in the front yard (big mama made some hits and scored some runs! and fell in the grass!), then ended the day by taking Lee through the Lights of Life and talking about how next year we will also have a 10 month old riding in the back seat. Just a fun day! I am thankful for Whit, Lee, baby boy & Walker, my parents and my sister & her family, Whit's mom & dad and his sisters & their families, all of my friends and the abundant love & forgiveness God gives us each day. I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving day!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
We are going over to Erin & DJ's house tonight for Chris-giving with Zach! I am bringing dessert and remembered this recipe I got from my friend Ashley. It is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S-! Be warned: it is not healthy A-T A-L-L-! & you probably need to start the day before you need it.
Crush 2 sleeves of regular Oreos. Mix Oreos together with 1/3 cup melted butter. Press down in a deep 9 x 13 dish and put in freezer for a little while.
Let a 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream soften and spread over Oreo crust. Place in freezer until frozen.
Fudge topping: 1/2 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 2 small evaporated milk cans, 8 tablespoons cocoa
Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes constantly. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons vanilla. Put in refrigerator and let cool completely - stir every now and then until cooled. Spread over the ice cream layer and put back in freezer. **Allow plenty of time for this layer to freeze**
Spread one large container of cool whip over fudge layer. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and chocolate shavings.
This is seriously good people!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Let me just start by saying that I have a little more than 6 weeks left before baby boy gets here and plenty of time to move a computer. But instead, I got a little antsy about a month ago and moved our computer out of Lee's new room and into our kitchen which turned our internet off. That is a long time without internet in this day and age! And so, today is a good day because we are now up and running again! Here is a little of what we have been up to:
- My 10 year high school reunion! I loved seeing people I hadn't seen in so long. It was so much more fun than I thought it would be. These were my closest friends in high school and I still love them so much today!
- Halloween Parade! This is such a great Marietta tradition. All of the little kids are so cute dressed up. Farmer Lee had a big time running all over the place soaking up the Halloween fun!
- Trick or Treat! We went over to our friends Stuart, Stephanie & Mimi's house to trick or treat and eat chili. Lee, Mimi & Webb were so cute going up to get candy. Lee liked to say, "Trick Treat" and especially enjoyed getting several pieces of candy out of each bowl & trying to break into the wrappers in between stops.
- My new niece Finley was born on November 1st! She is so sweet and I loved getting to see her the first day she was born. Love this girl and Emma Raines & Tucker too!
- Emma Raines turned 4 on October 29th and Thomson turned 1 on November 3rd! We weren't able to make it to Emma Raines party but did go to Athens for Thomson's. It was lots of fun - Lee had a BLAST because it was a bubble party! Happy Birthday Emma Raines & Thomson!
- Bible Study! I have really enjoyed this season's bible study at Church of the Apostles. I think this is my favorite book I have read since having Lee - The Mission of Motherhood. I have learned so much and really enjoyed the girls in my group. I am confident because I know the Lord has me at home with Lee, new baby and any other children we have for a reason. Being a mother is important and also very exciting even in the mundane! I told Whit he may want to kick me out because every time I leave on Tuesdays I feel like I could have 6 kids and that it would be the best thing ever : )
- Lee loves to sing! He especially likes to sing a combined version of the ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle. But he will also sing along to any song you ask - the other day we were pretending like we were in a tent under the sheets in our bed and Whit got him to sing Kumbaya. He is a funny little thing!
- Just last week I had to get a root canal. I had an abscessed tooth and it may have been the most painful thing I have ever experienced! I have never been much of a cusser (even in my wilder days!) but this tooth made me want to say the worst words possible. Yall, it hurt! If anyone of you ever has to have this done call me and cuss me out - I will not judge!
- I am VERY excited about new baby! He will be here very soon and I feel like he may even get here sooner than expected but who knows?!?! I can't wait to meet him and see what he is like. Come on January 6th!!! Also, I am a big girl - I thought I was going to have to cut myself out of a dress that I tried on at Gap the other day. It was obviously the wrong size but the worst thing would have been telling the people I couldn't get it over a certain other top part of my body!
I think that is about all. We are enjoying fall and can't believe tomorrow is the start of Thanksgiving week. We have so much to be thankful for!