Friday, October 26, 2012

Baby Mac

Malcolm Hunter Smith
"Mac"
He is here and we love him so much.  Mac was born October 8th and weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces.  He is a little thing with a head full of dark, wavy hair.  Before he was born I wondered if I would be able to love another baby as much as Lee and Brant.  That was the silliest thing - my heart has exploded for this little boy and I couldn't imagine our family without him.   How does that happen so fast?

Mac is named after my great grandfather who was also a Malcolm Smith but we called him Papa.  Papa died right before I was born but he was always someone special to me because my great grandmother, Mama, was one of my very favorite people and also because Papa was like a dad to my mom.  Hunter is after Whit's best friend Mitch Hunter.  Whit and Mitch were born two weeks apart.  They are as different as night and day but they have been best friends ever since.  We are so happy for Mac to share the Hunter name.

I keep looking around at all of these boys and get so excited thinking about all of the fun they will have and hope that Lee, Brant & Mac will be the best of friends.  Lee, the biggest brother, keeps saying that he was right because he thought it was another boy all along.  Brant, the littlest big brother, is super excited to have a new baby.  We have to keep an eye on him or he will show Mac just how excited he is!  I am so thankful for our family and feel like the luckiest girl to be surrounded by all of these sweet boys.

1 comment:

  1. all these pictures are precious Emilie! he is just perfect! and do my eyes see clearly- you have a red head boy, a blonde boy, and a dark head boy??? how cool is that? it's going to be so fun watching them grow and seeing their different personalities! take care and have fun w/your beautiful family!

    and p.s.- love the name and the meaning behind it!

    ReplyDelete