Thursday, March 4, 2010

Healthy Pancakes

Now, I am not saying this is the best pancake I have ever eaten, but if you are looking for a new healthy breakfast idea these are pretty good. I always feel guilty when I eat pancakes because I know you are supposed to pair carbs with protein. This recipe came from my bootcamp instructor and does the trick.
Protein Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup plain uncooked oatmeal
6 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend until mixed well. Heat skillet and pour batter. Cook pancakes on both sides. These are super easy to make. I liked them and so did Lee!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Easter egg tree, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you ever seen that show based on the cookbook "Cook Yourself Thin"? It's full of recipes like this- normal food, but substituted w/healthy stuff. Never tried it, but the stuff on the show looks yummmy! I'm going to try some of the recipes after I have this baby :) And i'll have to add these pancakes to the list- they look good!

    ReplyDelete